Microcontroller Computer Systems Engineering KitOrder code: 614515 Last kit available
COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING KIT.
Microcontrollers are small, self-contained computers which are the "brains" inside dozens of the devices and appliances in your home. Microwaves, washing machines, telephones and stereos all have microcontrollers inside them. A microcontroller is a computer-on-a-microchip and includes a processor, memory for storing data, timers and ports for connecting to other components. As our everyday devices become increasingly "smart" with embedded technology, microcontrollers are becoming more and more important.
This Thames and Kosmos kit introduces you to microcontrollers, sensors and programming through 100 experiments. Build devices that use sensors to monitor and record data, then use the data to control motors, buzzers, lights and a digital display. Write programs to control the devices you build. For example, you can build a light meter using a light dependent resistor and record the light levels in a room over a 12 hour period. Or measure and record the temperature outside with a temperature sensor, then graph the results. The number of possible experiments is infinite.
First, assemble a circuit and write a program, following the detailed instructions in the manual. Then, upload the program to the microcontroller using an infrared interface. The program tells the microcontroller how to perform your experiment and store the data. Finally, the data stored in the microcontroller can be downloaded to the computer using the infrared interface.
The 144 page, full-colour experiment manual guides your circuit assemblies and programming.
For ages 12 and up.
* learn how computers and programs work
* assemble circuits and write programs
* design your own circuits and programs
* conduct experiments with light, heat and sound sensors
* store your work in a sleek, portable case
* use your devices to collect many types of data for other science experiments
Software System Requirements:
* PC with Microsoft® Windows® 98, 2000 or XP operating system
* Minimum 64 MB of RAM
* Minimum 5 MB of free hard disk space
* Available 9-pin serial (COM) or USB port
* CD-ROM drive
Power Supply Requirements:
* Requires one 9-Volt Battery (not included) or a mains power adaptor (not included)
* Adapter specifications: DC 9-Volt output, barrel connector with out diameter of 5.5 mm and inner diameter of 2.5 mm, positive pole on outside, negative pole on inside. Do not use a "switch-mode" type adapter.
Ages 12 and up
* microcontroller module
* dual digital display module
* 3 transistors
* 7 light emitting diodes
* light sensor (light dependent resistor)
* temperature sensor (negative temperature coefficient type)
* contact clips
* infrared interface device
* USB to 9-pin serial adapter (RS-232 type)
* software CD
* portable case
ACSSU117 - Physical Sciences - Forces and Machines - Change to an objectís motion is caused by unbalanced forces, including Earthís gravitational attraction, acting on the object
Click a curriculum code to see other products that relate.
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight