Vernier Go Direct Projectile LauncherOrder code: GDX-PL
VERNIER GO DIRECT PROJECTILE LAUNCHER
Use the Vernier Go Direct Projectile Launcher to investigate important concepts in two-dimensional kinematics. Launch steel balls at angles between 0 and 90 degrees and over distances up to 2.5m
The solid, heavy base provides an easy-to-use and reliable setup. A unique pneumatic launching system provides excellent repeatability and allows you to set the launch speed.
Built-in photogates provide easy and accurate measurement of the ball’s launch speed and built-in accelerometers report launch angle, allowing for precise quantitative analysis of projectile motion.
The unit is powered via the included USB cable connected to an available USB port on your device, USB wall outlet or USB power brick.
Wired or Wireless — The Flexibility to Choose
Vernier's Go Direct™ sensors connect directly to your mobile device, Chromebook or computer using Vernier's free Graphical Analysis™ app. No additional equipment or software purchases are necessary. Vernier Go Direct sensors can be used wired via USB or wirelessly via Bluetooth allowing you to choose the solution best for your classroom or laboratory.
GAPRO Vernier Graphical Analysis™ Pro includes all the features of the free Vernier Graphical Analysis app, plus enhanced functions for more advanced analysis. Its illustrative experiment videos and interactive graphing capabilities inspire students to explore crucial scientific concepts and analyze data in new complex and insightful ways.
GAPRO is compatible with most Vernier sensors and multiple operating systems and devices.
• Investigate the relationships among launch velocity, range and time of flight for projectiles launched horizontally.
• Explore the relationships among launch speed, launch angle, range and time of flight for projectiles launched at various angles.
• Predict a projectile’s landing point using the launch velocity (speed and angle).
• Investigate the relationship between the launch angle and range for a fixed launch speed.
• Investigate the independence of the horizontal and vertical motion
• Use the photogates to measure launch velocity
• Knowing the launch velocity, predict the landing point when a ball is launched horizontally from a table top
• Knowing the launch velocity and launch angle, predict the landing point when a ball is launched at an angle on a lab table
• Knowing the launch velocity and launch angle, launch a ball through a horizontal or vertical hoop
• Investigate projectile range as a function of launch angle
• Determine which launch angles give the same range
• Determine which launch angle gives the maximum range
• Investigate the repeatability of the launcher
• Use the launcher, a video camera and the video features of Logger Pro to observe the launch path
• Given a specific launch distance, calculate the launch velocity needed to hit the target. Use the photogates to set the device to that launch velocity and test your prediction.
• Launch angle: 0–90 degrees
• Launch speed: 0–6m/s
• Initial launch height: 146mm
• Maximum launch distance: 2.5m
• Internal photogate interval: 50mm
• Steel ball diameter: 17.46mm
• Steel ball mass: 21.8g
• Vernier Projectile Launcher
• Roll of waxed marking paper
• Vernier Micro USB Cable CB-USB-MICRO
• 6 steel balls
• Hand pump
• 2 pairs of safety goggles
Download the current Vernier K-12 Catalogue
Download the current Vernier University Catalogue
Last edited 18th Feb 2019
Educational use only:
Vernier and Kidwind products are designed for educational use. They are not appropriate for industrial, medical or commercial applications. Details
- Warranty: 5 year limited warranty
ACSPH099 - Gravity and electromagnetism - Gravity and motion - Projectile motion can be analysed quantitatively by treating the horizontal and vertical components of the motion independently
Click a curriculum code to see other products that relate.
|Accessories / Spare Parts:||From|
|PUMP-VPL - Vernier Hand Air Pump||$95.00|
|CB-USB-MICRO - Vernier Micro USB Cable||$12.00|
|STB-VPL - Vernier Steel Balls Pack of Six||$17.00|
|WXT-VPL - Vernier Wax Tape 90 Metres||$44.00|
|GA4 - Vernier Graphical Analysis||$0.00|
|IOM-VPL - Vernier Independence of Motion Accessory||$143.00|
|PS-VPL - Vernier Projectile Stop||$97.00|
|TOF-VPL - Vernier Projectile Time of Flight Pad||$204.00|
|CB-USB-C-MICRO - Vernier Micro USB-C Cable||$22.00|
|VPL - Vernier Projectile Launcher||$944.00|
|User Manual||Getting Started - Connecting your sensor||User Manual||Vernier Go Direct Projectile Launcher|
Note: Prices do NOT include GST or freight